What is God's Will For My Life?


     There always comes that time when you are months away from College and you're faced with the choice of where to go and what to study.  The determining factor has been that question.  After all, 4 years is a long time to be doing something you hate, or you wouldn't want to use again, or you would regret.

     At this moment in my life, I am a graduating Senior from High school and that question has crossed my mind.  I have struggled with finding my place and knowing what to do ever since I started High school.  All my friends seemed to know; why didn't I?  As Sophomore year ended and Junior year started, crunch time began.  I still was at a loss for what to do with my life.  To be honest, panic set it.  I was so lost and confused.  And that is where I made my mistake.  I started trying to figure it out on my own.  Each step I took, the doors just started shutting in my face.  Soon, they were slamming.  It wasn't until I had my nose firmly punched by one shutting door that I finally gave up.  As confused as ever, I was about to tears; until I heard a message on finding God's will for my life.  Like a fool, I had been looking in all the wrong places.  All I needed was in the bible.  I needed to seek God when I made plans for my future.

Proverbs 16:9
A man's heart deviseth [plans] his ways: but the Lord directions his steps.

     It was simple; I needed Him.  I turned to Christ and placed my future in his hands and it wasn't until after I did that, that everything started falling into place.  I had been so caught up in doing it my way, I had missed so many of the beautiful and simple clues God had woven through my whole life.  Now that I'm approaching this in a different way, the outcome has changed too.  I only wish I had done this the right way to begin with. =)

Psalm 37:4-5
4 Delight thyself in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.

How to find God's will for your life:

1: You will find it in the Bible.

Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path

2: If you're saved, you will understand and do God's will.

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which though shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.

3: To do God's will, you must be willing to wait.

Ephesians 5:17
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

4: You need to grow spiritually.

Colossians 1:9-10
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.


"When Christ is the center of your life,
everything else falls into it's proper place."

Comments

Popular Posts