You're Beautiful!



We've probably all heard, at one time or another, the song by One Direction, "That's What Makes You Beautiful."  And just from reading the title you might have just started singing it in your head!  But even though it may be one of those annoying songs you hope you never hear or else you can't stop singing it, there is a lot of truth to it.

In society, nowadays, girls feel the pressure unlike any era before to fit in and look perfect.  If you don't look like the model or the actress on the cover of the magazines in the check-out line at Walmart, you're not beautiful.  And that's not true.


  In Psalm 139:13-16 it says,

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."


God made each of us unique and special!  When we pick ourselves apart and say that, "I don't like this nose or these hips because I don't look like Janet," we are telling God He messed up.


God didn't mess up.  He made a beautiful piece of art when he created you.  Everything about you makes you YOUnique.  Don't ever think that because you don't have a feature that's just like someone else that you aren't beautiful.  You are beautiful.  You just have to look in the mirror and know that. Because when you know you're beautiful, everyone can't help but think the same because of how confident you are about it. :)


Love, Emily

Comments

Popular Posts