Soulmates VS. Life Partner



"Do you believe in soulmates?"  Yes.  Yes, I do.

"Do you believe everyone has a soulmate?"  Yes.

"Does everyone find their soulmate?"  I don't know the answer to that, but I do hope that it is the case and sincerely believe the probability that it can happen.  There are those who do find their soulmate so young and I think they're incredibly blessed, but I think it's one of the best searches in life.

"Do you believe you have found your soulmate?"  Yes.  I do believe I have.

"Did you marry your soulmate?"  No, I do not.  But let me explain...

~~*~~

First, what is a soulmate?  A soulmate is a person with whom you share the deepest, richest, purest form of understanding with; you don't have to speak and that person has already understood.  They are like a best friend, but more.  They are the one person who knew you, accepted you, and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would.  It's someone who inspires you to be yourself and live your life to the fullest, making the most of everything and out of nothing.  They are the person that joins your life and amplifies the best parts of you.  This is the person you could have many similarities with and they connect with you deeper than spoken words.  They come into your life with an instant spark that will forever leave a mark; touching not just your heart, but going all the way to your soul.  They are someone you carry with you forever, no matter the years or the miles that pass between you.

Second, what is a life partner? A life partner is someone who shares your life with you.  They are the person who chooses to stand with, alongside, and up for you throughout the rest of your life.  They share all the joys, all the pain, all the laughs, all the tears, and all the adventures with you.  They choose to not just be there sometimes, but always.  This is the person who becomes the rock to stand on and the shoulder to cry on.  They are the person who compliments you and brings out your strengths while fortifying your weaknesses.  They open your eyes to see the world differently and from another perspective that differs from your own.  They push you out of your comfort zone and help you live life.  They don't just change your world, they complete it.  This is the person who chose to hold your hand until the very end - through everything.  They are your better half.

To me, that means a soulmate is a person who adds to your life and the life partner is the person who completes your life.  The soulmate will always be a part of you, where a life partner stands with you.  The soulmate is the one you couldn't imagine life without having known, but the life partner is who you wouldn't be able to imagine life without.  Now that doesn't mean that either one of those can't have overlapping qualities because no label is perfect, but to me, I believe we need both in our lives.  We need that soul who adds to life and the heart that stands through life.  You need both the deep, bosom friend connection and the undying, always faithful companionship.

For me, I have met my soulmate.  I've also found my life partner.  And no, they're not the same person.  I have the honor of having both of those incredibly cherished roles filled in my life and I couldn't imagine life without either of them.  I can honestly say my life is better because I have both of them.

So don't stop looking.  Don't stop searching.

Find your soulmate and that connection.

Find your life partner and that companionship.

But once you've found them, don't let go.  Because having both is the honor of a lifetime.


Love, Emily

Comments

Popular Posts